We had a thunderstorm move through the area today.
That is sort of unusual for Washington, really.
But I have to say, I just love them…
Ok, not so much the storms, I still cannot shake the little twinge of fear I get having grown up in “tornado alley”
But I love the way the earth smells after they move through.
So fresh and washed clean.
I imagine that is how it must smell in heaven all the time.
Fresh, clean, new and exciting!
I can’t, actually, think of many other smells that are quite so wonderful as the world after a summer rain.
On my list are:
- the smell of the head of your newborn child. Nothing sweeter on earth.
- the smell of a barn, full of horses and sawdust and leather.
- the smell of my hubby’s pillow.
- new car smell (ok, that one is silly..but I love that smell!)
- the smell of a campfire and any food that is cooked over it.
- the smell of sheets that were dried on the line.
- the smell of irises, they remind me of summers spent riding a borrowed bike down the broken up sidewalk in Bellville Kansas.
- the smell of the county fair, a mixture of cotton candy, popcorn, exhaust from the rides and livestock.
- the smell of the pages of an old, well used bible.
- the smell of coffee brewing.
- the smell of homemade bread baking.
- the smell of pipe tobacco.
- the smell of my grandma’s house..always smells like home.
So, what smells can you think of that just make ya roll your eyes back in your head and breathe deep?