But it isn’t totally my fault.
Summer vacation has hit our household and I’ve been busier than a one legged man in a butt kickin’ contest.
It’s only the first week and already we have gone swimming, fishing (sis fell in the lake..why oh why didn’t I have my camera!?), had tons of sleepovers, and even went to some VBS.
And today? Well…my sweet, adorable, gooberific husband made me breakfast.
Actually, he made himself breakfast and just happened to make enough for me.
He loves to cook…I love that he loves to cook.
Anyway…he woke me up at 6:30am to eat.
(do people really eat at that hour?)
So I ate and then went back to bed.
Oh yes, the turkey bacon, french toast and scrambled eggs went right to my thighs.
But it was nummy.
And I don’t get to cuddle with the hubster that often..so we cuddled.
And that is officially TMI for all of you so I will say no more about it and never mention it again.
When I got up the second time, I realized that a storm had gone through my home this week.
The storm that is children who are out of school.
So I have spent the majority of my day cleaning.
But I have neglected my blog..and the two people who read it regularly.
And when I logged in to see my blog stats and the little line on the chart was hanging, precariously, from the bottom edge of the chart, I knew I had to post again.
So, to catch you all up on the happenings here:
- Saturday, we worked the yard sale at our church. We raised a fantastic amount of money. Clayton found a really cool bike at the sale, and to make a long story short, it’s amazing how God works. He asked for the bike and I balked at first. Then, as usual, I relented and let him get it…on the condition that he sell his old one and donate the $ to the church. He agreed. We got home that evening, only to find his old bike had been stolen. Seriously. We have since located it and will be attempting to get it back tomorrow. Hopefully he can still follow through with his donation.
- Sunday, we had church and then a little get-together at the in-laws for Father’s day. We had a bbq and the kids swam. We had a great time making shrek and donkey references as Bri and Rob worked on taking an engine out of a truck that looks strangely like tow-mater. (note to self..stop watching animated shows) Then Charlie stunk us all out…that dog is nasty. We were outside and he had us all retching. Nasty dog.
- Monday, I took the kidlets swimming…and didn’t do much else. That was enough. (ok, technically they swam and I worked on a bible study..it was awesome)
- Tuesday, the mother-in-law and I took the kids fishing. M’Kayla fell in the lake (don’t worry..it wasn’t deep) and has been telling anyone who will listen about how she almost drowned…the drama queen.
- Wednesday, well…I don’t remember much from Wednesday. There was much laundry doing and t.v. watching. My tooth was killing me. I cannot wait for that dental appointment!
- Today, I cleaned. Though you can’t tell that I did a thing. And then it dawned on me that I have yet to tell everyone about my new, trendy spectacles!!! Oh yes, I finally got new glasses! Only took me 11 years. So, without further ado, here I am in my new specs…no photo critique necessary..I know it sucks. And I apologize for any trauma my mug causes any of you. I know it’s frightening, but I figured that just a photo of the glasses wouldn’t even come close to showing you how trendy they are…
Now, if only I could figure out what to do with my disgusting hair. I need a new look. And at least now I can see it if I get one.