I’m hosting Christmas this year. I think I decided to do that so I could invite my family to my house for the holidays.
I say I think because I can’t remember. I’ve slept since then and have gotten no RSVP’s from my family LOL! (they all have good reasons not to come though..so I can forgive them…this time)
Anyway, I am hosting the holly-jolly-ho-ho-ho-holiday at my house this year. Which requires some preparation.
So I started today, the day after turkey day. I never think about Christmas this early. But when you are hosting, it is a must that you plan ahead.
So I am in planning mode.
I am humming holiday hymns.
I am seeing in shades of red and green.
I am being nice to all of the idiots out shopping whom I’d prefer to just run into with my shopping cart.
I am all about the season.
Problem is I have no idea where to start. (Yes, cleaning my house would be a good start, but what fun is that?)
I think a list is in order…yes, a to-do list…that would help!!!
I know I’ll just lose it though.
Hey! I know! I can post it here and bore all of you to death and that way I’ll have it!!!!
- do something about that front porch. It looks just awful. very “hillyard”. I swear, just stick a couch out there and an “I love dale earnheart” and “Lil’ E is my man” flag in each living room window and the look will be complete. (don’t look at me like that..you know I love my NASCAR) Problem is, I am not exactly going for that look…I’m thinking more along the lines of the pottery barn catalog ( *snort*) Hey…a girl can dream right?
- paint the living room. White is so….well….white The only problem is, just what color do I paint it??? Hmmmmmm…..I’ll have to think on that one for awhile.
- Come up with a nice looking way to decorate the mantle. I really want my house to be warm and cozy and inviting when you come in…yanno, so the smell of wet labrador doesn’t send my guests running for the hills.
- put up fencing to keep the dogs in the back. I have some rather fragile folks coming over and nothing keeps on giving like the gift of a fractured pelvis caused by a 100 pound labrador knocking you on your ass at Christmas. And while I’m sure a trip to the E.R. via ambulance would be truly exciting, I’m thinking we should avoid that for the elders in the family. So I need a fence. Where is that man of mine???? Oh yeah….out killing things.
- Get things ORGANIZED. I am so tired of the clutter. Time to pull out the ol’ “If we havn’t used it in 6 months, we don’t need it” rule again. So long clutter!
- Find a coat rack. I either need one of those little dealies with the hooks, or a “tree” one…I’d prefer a “tree” one…wood too. But at this point, plastic hooks might have to do.
- find dressers for my kids. M’Kayla and Clayton both need a place to put their clothes. Just a little five drawer chest will do. Anything will be better than the laundry baskets in the laundry room.
- Find some nice linens for the bathroom…maybe something with snowmen on them LOL. Oh wait! They have a great snowman toilet seat cover at home depot!!! HA! I’m all over that one LOL!!!!
- decide what to cook…it’ll be a brunch thing…I never know what to cook. Although evidentally my apple pies and cranberry salad (thanks granny!) would be enough for all!
- Have a merry, stress free holiday.
- Remember, above all else, what the holiday is about. The birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. If I keep that first, everything else will be just fine.
Happy start of the season to all of you!!!!