In answer to a blog challenge posted at this cool new site I just joined… www.theredlily.com ….. here is my answer to that question!!!!
I am a child of…the country!!!
I’m not sure how that happened really. I never really lived in the country. But I have always longed for the “simple” life.
some things about the country I love:
- The smell of a barn. You can’t beat that blend of fresh sawdust, leather, and horses!!!
- The way you actually get to know your neighbors.
- The way everyone waves at you when you are driving through town.
- Sitting on my porch in the morning, watching the sunrise, in my jammies and no one to tell me it’s not ok.
- The way the lady at the store knows my name…and everyone elses too!
- Lazy summer days running barefoot through the yard, chasing fireflies.
- Kids out playing in their yard, after dark, with no fear of any of the things “city kids” have to fear.
- the solitude….I love to sit outside at twilight and the only noise is the soft whinny of one of the horses and maybe a cricket or two!
I love country life…I am completely a child of the country!!!